Friday, January 23, 2009

ARRRGGGG!!

If you're wondering, yes I'm mad! The past two days I have gained 3 lbs! Tell me, how does someone gain weight when all they eat is salad with lots of veggies and fat free dressing and a small amount of lean meat? I had a banana yesterday too and some cottage cheese, but come on! I am being so good and I can't lose it, but I am already losing it and it's only been a week!!!!

OK, so I took a breath and measured myself:

Waist: 41 (I was 44!)

Hips: 47 (I was 49 1/2!)

That makes me feel a little bit better. I know I need to keep my spirits up or I won't keep doing it.

I have been thinking about doing the hcg thing, still haven't totally committed to it yet, but I have been reading and watching all I can online. Because it's a pregnancy hormone I have to wait until after my next mensus, to make sure I'm not pregnant and to leave at least 10 days between taking hcg and having my period. I would really really love to be the size I was when I got married (only 5 1/2 years ago, I've never met anyone who has gain 55 pounds in 5 years, unless they were bed bound! I was definitely not!). There's got to be something wrong with me.

P.S. It bothers me when these beautiful women I know complain about their perfectly fine bodies! They may not be Tyra Banks when they take off their clothes, but they've had babies! I would die to look like any number of women in my ward. Please stop complaining unless you actually look bad, it make me feel bad (if you're not acceptable, how possibly could I be?). =) Sorry for my rantings and ravings, sometimes I just have to get it out. ;)

3 comments:

  1. OK, Sarah,
    This process is a ROLLER COASTER. You have to give yourself some time, it will take time. Most of us are unhappy with ourselves. The goal should be to be healthier and more fit. Think that. We need to develop the workout habit and make better choices and smaller portions. That is my thoughts.
    I LOVE FOOD, I LOVE TO EAT and I hate being told to not eat something.
    I will tell you my weight story sometime soon
    Hang in there and think positive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you are doing great and I'm so proud of you! I am sorry if I'm one of some that might have complained. But to ourselves, we might actually think/feel we look bad. But it doesn't mean we think thay way about other people. I think you are beautiful! And I may be thin but doesn't mean I am fit. I guarantee you could outlast, outrun, outdo me on anything! You will live longer than I will, guaranteed. Wish we could all find a happy medium. You are wonderful and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post, but I just had to comment. I have gained about 60 since I was married. Yes, I have had kids, but I weigh as much or more now than I did at the end of my pregnancy. Yes, it is VERY frustrating, and finding "me" time to work out is hard. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete